by Gena Showalter
Nikki’s Rating: 6 out of 10
Summary: Zacharel, an angel at risk of losing his wings, is tasked with leading an army of rebellious and ruthless angels. Battling demons he comes across the first woman to ever tempt him, Annabelle. Imprisoned in a psychiatric ward for the criminally insane, Annabelle has spent years being hunted and tormented by demons. Annabelle has been unknowingly chosen as a consort for a demon king to pay for Zacharel’s sins. Now Zacharel must win the war and make amends or risk losing her and his wings forever.
6 Wondrous things about Gena Showalter’s “Wicked Nights“
(May Contain Spoilers)
1. The Camaraderie
Gena Showalter always has playful banter between her characters and she really captures the camaraderie that happens between fellow soldiers who serve together.
2. Angels with a Darker Side
Hot sexy warrior angels who experience lust, love, jealousy, anger, rage, guilt, joy, etc. A nice twist to the stereotypical immaculate, goody-two-shoes portrayal of angels who usually lack human emotions.
As always, Gena Showalter provides steamy, melt your panties sex scenes in “Wicked Nights”.
Gena Showalter always delivers with hot, sexy men and Zacharel is no exception. Built, tall, muscled, with a fantastic wing-span, Zacharel is one sexy angel. He is also fiercely loyal, protective of those he loves, and a good leader.
5. The Story
While romance novels are very, very formulaic, I still always enjoy them especially from authors like Gena Showalter who are able to add in unique storylines. “Wicked Nights” not only provides a twist on the concept of “angels” but Gena wrote an original tale of an angel being tormented by his twin brother who became a demon.
Angels of the Dark series continues with Koldo’s story in “Beauty Awakened”
What are your favorite things about Gena Showalter’s “Wicked Nights“?
Be Authentic. Be Unique. Be You.
As always, thank you for reading. I would love to hear from you so feel free to contact me or comment below. And if you would like to support this blog and/or my paintings please become my patron.
Young Adult Books
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas:
- War Storm, Red Queen Book 7 by Victoria Aveyard
- Immortal Reign, Falling Kingdoms Book 6 by Morgan Rhodes
- Daughter of the Siren Queen, Daughter of the Pirate King Book 2 by Tricia Levenseller
- You Against Me by Jenny Downham
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: Over 800 Natural, Nontoxic, and Fragrant Recipes to Create Health, Beauty, and Safe Home and Work Environments by Valerie Ann Worwood
- Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect by Jonice Webb, PhD with Christine Musello, PsyD
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How it Can Help You Find -And Keep- Love by Amir Levine and Rachel S.F. Heller
- Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay by Mira Kirshenbaum
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals that Protect us from Violence by Gavin de Becker
- Twilight Hunter, Execution Underground Book 1 by Kait Ballenger
- On the Island by Tracey Gravis Graves
- Undeniable, Undeniable Book 1 by Madeline Sheehan
- First They Killed My Father: a daughter of Cambodia remembers by Loung Ung
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls